Monday, June 27, 2011

Bummer for the Boys

So this summer is pretty interesting so far, this is the first year that my oldest son isn't in parks and recreation's summer program. It has been a bummer because I thought this year would be the first year my youngest son would have gotten to go with him and I would have been able to attend summer II at the community college. Well it didn't happen needless to say. We have spent most of these couple of days off together; we've been busy cleaning (thoroughly) the boys bedrooms and sorting out clothes that no longer fits, maybe pickup a book at the local thrift or half price books and teach the little man how to read. My boys by this time can't wait to get away from me. I've been told " Mom!! This is SUMMER!!! We are supposed to be having fun!! UGH!!! (I love these little quippy comments that come out of my 10 year old). I am not trying to bore them too much.  We've even managed to hit up the pool and teach them how to swim, while I work on my tan at the same time :) Go to the movies and visit the new Hardberger park.

No comments:

Post a Comment